Roasted Pumpkin and Sweet Potato soup is always a winner and packed full of goodness.
Pumpkin and sweet potato are rich sources of beta carotene which converts to Vitamin A in our body.
Vitamin A is important for many different functions, such as:
- immune support
- supports thyroid hormone receptor health and
- improves your iodine uptake
- promotes healthy eye function
- beta carotene is also an antioxidant that is great
- for protecting our cells from free radicals that cause
- oxidative stress and inflammation.
I made my soup with a bone broth base to help heal the gut lining.
This is such an easy nourishing soup to make, why don’t you give it a try and boost your vitamin A levels.
½ a butternut pumpkin cut into small pieces
1 medium-sized sweet potato cut into small pieces
Good grind of salt and pepper
Bone broth 1-2 tablespoons reconstituted in 2 cups of water
- Roast pumpkin and sweet potato until soft and golden brown
- Pop roasted pumpkin and sweet potato into a pot with 500 ml of water and bone broth combined.
- Heat until warm
- Blend until smooth with a stick blender
- Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!