Looking for something yummy to eat after dinner to satisfy those sugar cravings?
Try this for size! It’s a hit with the kids and the hubby!
1 cup of sultanas – or you could try soaked goji berries
2 tbsp peanut butter or nut butter (organic is best)
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
2 tbsp coconut oil
4 gluten-free weetbix biscuits broken up
1/3 cup cacao/cocoa powder
1/3 cup of honey
1/3 cup of dark chocolate chips
- Line a baking tin with baking paper.
- Place the sultanas, nut butter, desiccated coconut, half the coconut oil, the weetbix, cacao and honey in the food processor and blitz until smooth. Add a little water if needed to ensure the mix combines well.
- Press the mix into the prepared tin to form the bottom layer.
- Melt the dark chocolate with the remaining coconut oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Drizzle melted chocolate over the bottom layer of the slice and place in the fridge for 30 mins or until set.
- Once firm slice into 12 pieces. One piece is one serve.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for 4-5 days or freezer for up to 2 months (if it lasts that long!).